Thankful Cards by Steph

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with fall cards using handmade papers created with the Arnold Grummer Papermaking Kit.



Did you know you can add items to the pulp to create an assortment of different papers?  Once I had the pulp ready, I added a sprinkling of botanicals.   But I could also have added leaves, angel wings or rosebuds or even mica flakes for different effects.  Once you pour out the pulp, just swirl the botanicals (or other items) so they spread around the paper.


Using a punch, I punched several leaves from my paper.


Next, I stamped and embossed on my paper.  Your paper can be stamped and heat embossed for amazing effects.


I created a 5 1/2" square card, then cut the handmade paper to fit.  Then I added the elements and used mini paper clips to clip the punched leaves to the card.


For my second card, I created a 5 1/2" card and placed a striped panel on the card.  


I used a scrap of handmade paper from which I punched another 3 leaves.  I backed this piece with cardstock then added it atop the remaining torn paper which was inked with brown ink.  


Next, I placed the 3 punched leaves back in their spots, using foam adhesives for dimension.  Another stamped and embossed panel was added to the card.


Doesn't handmade paper create amazing cards?




Comments

  1. Love the fall cards.......they are outstanding..........I think this is my favorite time of year.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the patterned paper really plays off the colors in your handmade paper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage