Masquerade!



I'm already thinking about Halloween. This mask will be part of my finished costume.

Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Abaca Pulp sheet
Acrylic Paint - Black
Glitter and glitter glue
Grommet and ribbon to make it wearable

Directions:
1. Soak a sheet of Abaca Pulp in a tray of water for 30 minutes to 1 hour to soften.
2. Press the sheet over a mannequin face to form it's shape. Let dry for as long as it takes (1-3 days)
3. Draw your mask pattern onto the dried Abaca Pulp form and cut out. Be gentle in delicate areas.       

You can reinforce any areas damaged during cutting with plain white glue, and let it dry.
I started with the eye holes to make sure they were in the right place, then I added some paisley          shapes over the eyes and fiery bursts at the temples and cheeks. My finished pattern is provided          below.

4. Paint the mask with black acrylic paint. After I painted, I put the mask back onto the mannequin face so it would keep it's shape while it dried.
5. Embellish and decorate to your liking. I punched a 1/2" heart and covered it with glitter and placed it upside down top center.
6. Attach ribbon with a grommet.


This was a very fun project, I hope it inspires you to get creative too!
Craft on!
Becky


Follow Me On Pinterest!
Follow Me On Instagram!

Comments

  1. Becky! I have never seen abaca pulp used this way - thank you! It's an original and captivating project. I have a seamstress form, but now it's time to be on the lookout for a mannequin at the resale shop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage