© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Fall is the beginning of the time of rest for the plants and animals, yes even us humans. Some people think the plants have died….I think they are resting so that they will be ready to bloom again in the spring! This is the time of year that I want to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot tea and just “be”. Below are a few more of the November cards celebrating this quiet time.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- A sunny window
- Scraps of ivory and tan/brown paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Scraps of white tissue paper
- Scrap of dark brown heavy weight handmade paper
- Onion skins
- Dies: SpellbindersTM S1-001 World View
- Tonic Studios™ Tangerine die cutting and embossing machine
- Tonic Studios™
- Impression ObsessionTM stamp D19117 "Be still and listen to the Earth's song"
- Tonic Studios™
- ColorBox® Dark Brown Chalk ink pad, Stylus handle and tips
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create ivory slurry with onion skin inclusions and create one or more sheets of medium weight handmade paper.
2. Make tan slurry and create one or more sheets of medium weigh handmade paper. (I always make extra sheets!)
3. Allow the sheets of paper to dry.
4. Tear, score and fold the ivory handmade paper to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
5. Tear, score and fold a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card from the tan handmade paper.
6. Tear a small piece of the tan to stamp on.
7. Use the Stylus to lightly apply the dark brown Chalk ink to the edges of the tan card and the smaller piece of tan paper.
8. Stamp the “Be still and listen to the Earth’s song” onto the smaller piece of tan paper and onto a scrap of tissue paper.
9. Tear a slightly large piece of ivory handmade paper to layer under the stamped tan piece..
10. Die cut and emboss the Earth from tan handmade paper. While the paper is still in the die, apply dark brown ink through the openings of the die.
11. Remove the paper from the die and apply the ink around the edge of the Earth.
12. Die cut one of the largest ferns from a scrap of heavy weight dark brown handmade paper.
13. Attach the stamped tissue paper to the right bottom of the ivory card with Tonic Craft Tacky glue.
14. Attach the Earth to the middle left of the ivory card with small pieces of double sided foam tape.
15. Layer the stamped tan piece onto the ivory piece and attach to the tan card with small pieces of double sided foam tape.