© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
I love to turn a discard into a useful item but also a piece of art. A friend gave me a number of these boxes and they will be perfect to repurpose and to give as gifts this year. This one will go to a sweet friend and can be used as a “catch all” (you know those tiny odds and ends) in her beautiful black and white bathroom. I used scraps of heavy weight white handmade paper to die cut the images and word, but in case you need to start from scratch, follow the instructions below.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Dies: Tonic Studios™
· Iron to make the handmade paper smooth
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create one or more sheets of heavy weight handmade paper.
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
4. Die cut the word just the word “Imagine”.
5. Die cut 4 of the flourish.
6. Trim the ends off of two on the flourish die cuts.
7. Attach the flourish die cuts along the edges of the top of the box lid.
8. Trim the word “Imagine” from the rest of the die cut.
9. Attach the word to the center of the box lid.
NOTES: It would be fun to create a matching gift card or tag.
These boxes could be decorated for any occasion or theme.
You could fill the boxes with mints or small personal items.
Always save the scraps!
Oh dear, I better get busy……smile