Valentine's Heart Garland

DSCN1495
One of my favorite things to do is to make garlands to hang from my fireplace.  With Valentine's day coming next month it is time to make a new one.  I figured what better way to do it than with homemade paper.
Item used for this project:
Blue and Pink Angel Wings
8 1/2 x 11 White Printer Paper
Various Craft Paint
Fine tip applicator bottles
Twine
DSCN1488
I made the hearts using the heart card template.  I made 5 cards in total and cut them in half to make the individual hearts.  The one thing I love the most about the project is that I used the same exact products for each card that I made but they all came out different. After I cut the cards I punched two holes in the top of each one.  Then I started decorating them with craft paint using fine tip applicator bottles.
DSCN1491
I didn't want to over decorate the hearts because I wanted the paper to really stand out.
DSCN1493
Then I used twine to string the hearts together and hung them above my fireplace.
DSCN1497
Sadly this will be my last post on the Arnold Grummer's Papermaking Design Team.  I wouldlike to take a moment to thank the people of Arnold Grummer's Papermaking and Terri Sproul for giving me this excellent opportunity to work with this fabulous product line.  Don't for get to check out the Design Team Blog  for other fun and exciting projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage