Altered Frame with Handmade Paper by Steph

Hi everyone, Steph here with an altered frame using handmade paper.


Creating your own paper is fun, but sometimes you make a mistake.  I was creating this envelope but forgot to use the mesh while removing excess water from the paper.  Unfortunately, this pulled away part of the paper I had just made!  No more envelope!


I just put this paper aside to dry, then realized I could cut it apart and alter a frame.


Cutting the papers to fit, I adhered them to the frame.  Once dry, I used the Proxxon PenSander to sand the edges and remove the excess paper.


Using another sheet of handmade paper, I die cut flowers, flourishes and a butterfly.


Then I sprayed the elements with Imagine Fireworks! Sprays.


I painted the edges of the frame with terracotta paint, then stamped a grid pattern with Brilliance Coffee Ink randomly about the frame.   I then added the flourishes, flowers and butterfly to the frame.



I stamped a phrase on the same paper, tore the edges and inked with Brilliance Coffee Ink.  I matted the phrase with kraft cardstock and added it to the center of the frame.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage