"Happy Spring" Card


FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM!


Hello crafty people!
I've had some fun playing around, creating paper and adding messy things to the pulp to make pretty papers. These are the first 3: light blue with purple glitter, purple and green ink marbling and a floral. They were all made with one batch of pulp tinted light blue.


The marbling was done by adding puffs of ColorBurst pigment powders to the frame in shallow water, dragging a paint brush and then continuing to drain the water. It was definitely a messy endeavor, but I like the way it looks. I'll try marbling again with different mediums and techniques. Oddly enough, I chose not to use that sheet for the card I made.

"Happy Spring" Card

Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
Angel Wings Multi Color Mix  - Arnold Grummer
Blank white card base with envelope
6 drops of All-Purpose Ink (Cerulean Blue)-Tsukineko, Inc.
recycled shredded paper
Dye Ink (green)-Stamp Craft
Large Dragonfly punch-Paper Shaper
Blue and Purple Fashion Glitter-Tulip
Self Adhesive bling flourish -Zva Creative
Corner rounder punch - Creative Memories
Black Glitter Glue - Hampton Arts, Inc.


Instructions:
1. Trim hand-made floral paper to slightly smaller than the size of the blank card front, ink the edges of the floral paper and the front of the card blank.
2. Open a simple word processing program. Create a document the size of your hand-made paper. (5.5x8.5) I used the glitter sheet I created. My text was ComicSans 40pt. Print your sentiment and cut to size, round 2 corners and ink the edges. Adhere to the background floral paper.

3. Punch a large dragonfly, (I used the same glitter paper as the sentiment),
embellish with glitter and glitter glue. Let dry completely-patience is a virtue.
4. Adhere the flourish bling to the card, glue the dragonfly into place.
5. Glue the card front to the card form.

Wow!  Only 5 steps to making a gorgeous card :o) Making the paper was the fun part. I'm excited to get back to it and create a nice little stash of gorgeous papers. This was my "test run" and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, as well as the quality of the results.

Until next time,
Craft on!
Becky



Comments

  1. Cute piece Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, what beautiful paper and card! I am really taken with the variety of paper you made. I am wondering, did you put the handmade paper through the printer? If so, are there any tricks to doing it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage