I am always on the lookout for quick and easy gifts that can be created by the dozens and used for a stocking stuffer or one of those "Ooops, I need something really fast!” encounters. This is one of those projects, and any of the Arnold Grummer paper casting molds will be great for that special occasion. I love creating tons of castings and storing them for future use and it is a great way to use up bits of left over paper pulp too.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Molds: CP Oak Leaves
- Microwave, heat gun or a sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, paper cutter, scissors, bone folder, ruler
- Quick Grab™ Adhesive, double sided tape
- Scraps of white paper (think white junk mail, etc.)
- 12 “of ¼ light gray ribbon
- Two pieces 3 ¼” square of marbled gray mat board
- 3” Post a Note pad
- ColorBox™ Light Gray Ink pad
- Colorbox Stylus™ tool and white foam tips
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create the oak leaves casting with white slurry.
- Dry in the microwave, with the heat tool or place in a sunny window.
- Use the light gray ink and Stylist tips to add a small amount of color to the casting to show the texture and detail.
Assemble the Note Pad:
- Use the Quick Grab adhesive to attach the ribbon to the inside of both pieces of matt board, leaving enough ribbon to allow for the thickness of the pad.
- Use double sided tape to attach the note pad to the backing.
- Attach the oak leaves casting to the front of the matt board.
- Tie a bow on the side.