"Life Happens..... Smile! "Arnold Grummer Design Team Post-April







"Life Happens... Smile"

A funny thing happened on the way to creating this project! It got ugly... I had this great idea I wanted to try~  using embossing powders on the handmade papers created with Arnold Grummer's Handmade Paper kit and unfortunately, it didn't turn out the way I had hoped. The paper was just too porous to get a good shiny embossed finish. So.... I improvised and how funny that the "cover up" I chose turned out to be just what the situation  at hand was! "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans"... It couldn't have been more perfect for this project! Allot times as artists, we might have a plan in mind but because of one thing or another,it changes into something more interesting and unique ~ even better than you might have planned! So I have just learned to go with the flow and let creativity take over and lead me wherever! Art should be fun.. not stiff and try  not to be attached to the end result.. its way more fun that way!!

For this card project I started out with a square of handmade paper  I had created with Arnold Grummer's Paper Making kit and used my Bigkick for embossing the paper.


 If you have seen my recent design posts you will realize that I have thoroughly enjoyed using it!! So I embossed the handmade paper with a background design and my thought was to experiment with embossing powders on it. That didn't work well so I then looked for a focal piece to cover up the area that I didn't want showing. I also added rub-ons down each side.
 I had created some fun  artsy cards using small playing cards that I had applied to collage papers then used gesso over it and when dried... stamped,painted and doodled on them.


   I was so happy I found them again and decided to use a large piece for a background and then add the small card with a stamped saying off to the side. I  then mod podged all to the handmade paper card.

At this point I just fine tuned ...outlining in big brush pens, paints dots, Pitt pens and  then added a pretty little butterfly!

 I was very happy with life's alternate plan:) Below is the supply list:

~Supplies~

A card size piece of handmade paper and collage paper for backing
Embossing folder of choice
Embossing machine ( I have a Bigkick)
Small cards that have been backed with collage papers and designed with paints,markers,stamps ect
Mod podge
Rub-ons
Big brushes 
Assorted paints
Pitt Pen in black
Metal focal butterfly



If you have never created your own handmade papers with beautiful botanicals,glitter,mica and specialty papers... you are in for a treat!!  It is so very easy ~I love all of Arnold Grummer's items for making my own beautiful and unique papers!! And don't forget FREE Shipping over 75.00!!

Have fun and enjoy the creative process... Wherever it may take you!!
~In love and Faith~
Sherri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage