Trio of Christmas Cards

The calendar says December, so that means that I am fully involved in all things Christmas. At the top of my list is Christmas cards. I always make my own, and this year I'm adding handmade paper made with Arnold Grummer's Papermaking Kit to the mix.


For the first card I embossed a piece of purple metallic cardstock and attached it to the front of a card blank. I used a liquid adhesive to attached a lavender snowflake cut with a Sizzix die.


For the second card I used my Zing electronic cutter to cut a filigree Christmas tree and two tags, one slightly larger. I used a snowflake border punch along the bottom of the card. I stamped Peace in gold and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The reindeer is handmade paper cut with a Sizzix die. I had to bling up the reindeer's nose with a tiny red pearl.


 The third card is an easel card. So easy to do and really has a big impact. First, I cut a piece of midnight blue metallic cardstock the same size as the front of the card blank. Next, fold the front of the card blank in half horizontally. Using tape runner adhesive, attach the cardstock only to the bottom half of the card front. I added the die cut snowflake to the cardstock with liquid adhesive. I stamped Merry Christmas on the bottom of the inside of the card. Next, I used tape runner adhesive to attach a strip of the metallic cardstock to the inside of the card, about one third of the way from the bottom. Three rhinestones glued on top of the cardstock strip support the card front when forming the easel.

Hope that you'll give these a try when you make your own Christmas cards. You can see more of my projects on my Create & Craft blog.








Carole

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage