There Are Angels Among Us
© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Yep, I believe in Angels! I believe they watch over us and try to keep us from harm. Sometimes they show up as a friend at a time of need, sometimes as a beloved pet who just loves us for who and what we are. I love to create Angel projects as gifts for those “Angels” who have come into my life. Even though I am giving them as Christmas gifts, I have used non-traditional colors (lavender, pink, blue etc.) so the recipient can use them all through the year.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· AG CP Victorian Angel mold
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
Scraps of white and purple paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Small glass Votive holder and votive candle
· Approx. 16 inches of 1/4 “ lavender satin or Picot edge florist ribbon
· Tiny lavender Satin Rose
· Tiny bunches of purple Baby’s Breath
· Beacon QuickGripTM adhesive
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and cast one full Angel and one torso/head Angel.
2. Allow the castings to dry.
3. Create sheets of medium shade lavender and medium weight handmade paper. (Note: you can keep adding more white slurry to this and create lighter and lighter colored sheets.)
4. Attach the Angel torso to the Votive holder with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
5. Tie two small satin ribbon bows and attach them and the tiny bundles of purple Baby’s Breath to the sides of the Votive candle holder.
6. Tear, score and fold the lavender handmade paper to create a 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.
7. Attach to Picot edge ribbon to the ribbon area of the angel casting with QuickGrip™ adhesive. Wrap the end of the right side piece of ribbon to the back of the Angel.
8. Attach the satin rose between the two pieces of ribbon with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
9. Attach the Angel to the front of the lavender handmade paper card
10. Display her on a clear easel beside the votive angel.