Botanical Sticky Note Books

It’s that time of the year when people’s attention is focused on the holiday ritual of gift-giving.
 I actually started making my Botanical Sticky Note Books back in July, mainly because my paper making studio
 aka my garage is not heated, so all my paper making is done during the summer. 
And if you want a great gift to give to someone or even to gift yourself then purchase an 
Arnold Grummer Papermaking kit.


I used Arnold Grummer's Angel Wings: Multi Color Mix to create my botanical paper for my  Sticky Note books. 
I love the bright colors which won't fade and the fact that the Angel Wings tear into long thin strips and will give a mulberry type paper effect.


I love the different effects you can achieve by varying the amount of botanicals that you add for each batch of sheets in the blender.
 If this was to be used as stationery then I would have used less and blended more but I knew I was going to use it for the Sticky books so I loaded up.


Once you've created beautiful sheets of handmade paper began assembling the book cover.

Scoring prevents the paper from cracking and I'll share with you what happens when you forget to do this step
 and how to recover from it...trust me, it happens to everyone.


The next step is creating a liner for the cover and again those little templates sure do come in handy and makes it so easy. 
No measuring needed! Just trace, and cut out.


Now you may have little bits of botanicals that hang off your project once you've folded them and it's up to your personal preference to either cut them off or leave them. I chose to remove them because they might break off with daily handling.
So...as promised this is what happens when you forget to score your paper.
It can make you feel sick to your stomach but don't fret...

...because you can embellish the binding with all sorts of pretty goodies that will not only hide the imperfection but you may want to do this to all of them just to make them extra special!
***HMP - Hand Made Paper***

So what am I going to do with all the Sticky Note Books I made?
Since it's better to give than to receive, 
and when we give without expecting anything in return,
 we are improving our psychological health so ...
I'm going to abandon them!

"Art Abandonment is not a new concept, but it was recently coined with the name by Michael deMeng who is credited with the recent interest in it. Michael would often leave drawings on tables at cafes for the servers. He then decided to take it up to the next step and he and his wife began leaving behind artwork all over town."



Follow me on IG to see where I leave them!


Join the Art Abandonment Facebook Group to learn more 
and leave your own art as a surprise for someone and brighten their day!

Rules of Art Abandonment - Craft Warehouse

Comments

  1. Fabulous project, Sandee! Your paper is gorgeous! Thanks for all the wonderful tips! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog / beautiful paper / Fun project! You are such a clever and artsy maker of great things!... also love the concept of art abandonment! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the addition of the Angel Wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandee, your books are gorgeous! And I love the idea of art abandonment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper and book! What a pity I will not be able to "find " one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandee, these are too wonderful! Will you leave a whole book as Art Abandonment? What generous spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You outdid yourself lady! These are fabulous! I need some Angel Wings. Love Art Abandonment....have been a member for years and love the whole idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous and I love that Art Abandonment group!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage