Origami Butterfly


I made a card for my niece’s Bridal Shower with an Origami Butterfly. Start with Arnold Grummer's Paper Making.


Use a square piece of paper. I used handmade paper 5 inches square to fit my 5 x 4 inch card. Only a few steps involved:



1. Fold diagonally both ways using a bone folder.
2. Scrunch the middle together: poke in the center, like this:


3. Fold flaps down to center point - on one side only.
4. Turn over & fold up past the edge - as on the right below.
5. Fold top flaps down & create corner folds - at bottom.


6. Turn over and fold in half - looks like this:


7. Use an awl or needle tool to punch holes for adding a tiny brad to the nose to puff it out. 

For the card: Put through Sizzix for embossing the flowers; added the butterfly  (without the brad) and flattened it.



Ribbon from Target says: “Happily Ever After” - taped that on the card.






See directions for my other Origami pictured below:

Gift Box: https://anneritataylor.blogspot.com/2016/02/handmade-gift-box_26.html
Pouch: https://anneritataylor.blogspot.com/2016/04/folded-paper-pouch.html
Kimono: https://anneritataylor.blogspot.com/2016/06/origami-kimono.html





Once I get started with the butterflies I find other uses for them such as party banners or even decorating a wreath or Christmas tree! Have you tried to make them? Let me know...
©Anne Rita Taylor 2017

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage