© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
My elderly friend Ethel makes the most fabulous paper flowers and adds them to her cards. They are kind of tropical/fantasy type flowers in gorgeous colors and are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I thought she would get a kick out of my card with the roses made from scraps of handmade paper.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
· Shiny green magazine/catalog cover page or junk mail
· White 5 x 7” folded card and envelope (the card would have been even better if I had heavy weight handmade paper! Just one more reason to make extra sheets every time.)
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create one or more sheets of white medium weight handmade paper. (I always make extra sheets to have on hand)
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
4. Die cut the Wild Brier background plus extra leaves from the shiny green paper.
5. Die cut one large and one small rose and the word “Believe” from the medium weigh handmade paper. (Save all the extra scraps for another project.)
6. Roll the roses.
7. Emboss the front of the card.
8. Center and attach the green background and extra leaves to the front of the card with tiny pieces of foam tape.
9. Attach the word to the center of the green background.
10. Attach the large rose at the top left and the small rose at the bottom right of the green background.
11. Add your personal message inside the card. Mail in a padded envelope.