© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Do you ever stop and think how much you have to be grateful for? Think about all the blessings that you have in your life? Ever want to let someone know that you are grateful for them or that they are a blessing to you? Here are two really quick cards made especially for those times… You could also change the “words” to Thank You, Hello, Congrats, or whatever, and all would be beautiful! Remember that I always make extra handmade paper to have on hand when needed so these actually went together in about 10 minutes per card.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Burgundy and turquoise card stock for card base and to die cut from THE PAPER CUT™
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create several sheets of heavy weight paper.
2. Allow the sheets of handmade paper to dry.
3. Iron the sheets of handmade paper to make them smooth.
4. Cut and fold the burgundy and turquoise card stock to create 4 ¼ x 5 ½” cards.
5. Die cut the word “Blessings” from a scrap of burgundy card stock and the word “Grateful” from a scrap of turquoise card stock.
6. Die cut one each of the “window frames” from the white handmade paper.
7. Die cut the PP leafy quilt square toward the top of the Toby’s Sill window frame.
8. Die cut the square shape from the Verso Art Deco Collectable die set toward the bottom of the Harvey’s Ledge window frame.
9. Attach the die cut words to the blank spaces of the window frames.
10. Attach the window frames to the front of the cards.
11. Add a personal note inside.