© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
The last day of summer has come and gone, the nights are cool, and fall is officially here. I enjoyed the blue leaf card so much that I had to make one in traditional autumn tones to finish out the cards needed for October birthdays.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- A sunny window
- Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Scrap of matboard to die cut the leaf shape
- The PaperCut™ card bases dark green and black, envelopes
- Dies: Sizzix™ Tim Holtz #660039 Layered Leaf and matching embossing folder
- SpellbindersTM WIZARD™ die cutting and embossing machine (still the best machine to cut and emboss matboard!!!!)
- Westcott™ paper trimmer
- Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive, double sided foam tape
- Ken Oliver Color Burst™paints
- Fine mister bottle and water
- ColorBox® Black pigment ink pad and ColorBox® Stylus and Tips
- Stamps: JustRite® sets CR-02143 “Colorful Brush Strokes” & CR-02144 “Bokeh Time”
- Random pattern 5 x 7” embossing folder
- Several feet of ½” rayon seam binding ribbon
- Craft knife and cutting surface
- Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and make one or more sheets of medium weight handmade paper. (I always make extra sheets!)
- Allow the paper to dry.
- Tear random pieces approx. 3 x 4”. (Always save the left over pieces for future projects.)
- Water down tiny amounts of the Color Burst™ paints, oranges, yellows, greens, browns, blues (you want medium dark colors).
- Use the Colorbox Stylus™ handle and tip to apply colors around the edge of each torn sheet of handmade paper and seam binding. Mist the paper and seam binding ribbon if needed. (Refer to photos for colors used.)
- Allow the paper and seam binding ribbon to dry.
- Stamp “You are so wonderful” onto one piece and “Go make something beautiful happen” on the second piece.
- Die cut the leaf from the scrap of matboard.
- Apply more intense colors to the matboard leaf die cut
- Allow the matboard leaf to dry.
- Emboss the matboard leaf with the embossing folder.
- Cut, score and fold 5 x 7” cards.
- Emboss the random pattern folder on the front of the folded cards.
- Cut a small slit at the top left of the green card.
- Insert the seam binding ribbon and tie into a bow.
- Attach the stamped handmade paper piece to the right side of the card with adhesive.
- Attach the leaf die cut to the left side of the black card with tiny pieces of foam tape.
- Attach the stamped piece of handmade paper to the right side of the card.