© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Tales of fairies and wee folk are part of my Irish heritage. As a little girl I used to love to hear about their world and lives. These two little books full of fairy quotes will be for my two youngest great nieces to carry on the tradition.
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· AG 52 card fan book 2 ½ x 5 ½” for each fairy tag
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Die: Tonic Studios™
· Double sided foam tape
· 1/4” round hole punch
· Stamps: Impression Obsession™ C13069 Change, D8548 How beautiful…….
· Iron, bottle with a fine mist
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create one or more sheets of heavy weight handmade paper. Allow the allow paper to dry.
2. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
3. Cut two tag shapes a bit longer than the front of the fan books.
4. Punch a hole at the top of each tag.
5. Die cut the two fairies
6. Use the Stylus™ handle and tip to lightly apply the peach and light blue inks to one of the tags and grey and light blue ink to the second tag. Mist with water if needed.
7. Lightly apply light blue ink to the edges of and gray to the edges of Lily.
8. Allow the fairy die cuts and tags to dry.
9. Stamp “How beautiful a day can be when love touches it” to the top of the peach/light blue () tag with blue ink.
10. Stamp “Change always comes bearing gifts” to the top of the gray (Lily) tag with gray ink.
11. Attach the fibers through the hole at the top of the tags.
12. Attach the fairies to the front of the tags with tiny pieces of foam tape.
13. Fill the books with stamped “fairy” sayings and quotes.
14. Cut and attach pieces of handmade paper to fit the back cover of the fan book with glue.
15. Attach the tags to the fronts of the fan books with glue