© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
Some handmade paper, a few ink pads and re-inkers, stamps and stencils and what have you got? Literally hundreds of backgrounds for cards, collage and mixed media pieces! Beware! Creating these backgrounds is addictive!
· Any of the Arnold Grummer® paper making kits
· Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
· A sunny window
· Scraps of white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
· Stencils: Dreamweaver™ LJ901, Arabesques handmade stencil
· Stamps: MH7125-H “Love….”, “Heart Of a Friend” (sorry I have lost the #)
1. Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create white slurry and create several sheets of medium weight handmade paper.
2. Allow the paper to dry.
3. Iron the paper to make it smooth.
4. Cut a layer piece for each card 3¾ x 5”.
5. Cut a background piece for each card 3½ x 4 7/8”. (Remember to always save the scraps!)
6. Use the Stylus™ handle and tips to lightly apply the inks onto the background pieces through the stencils varying the colors.
7. When the stenciled ink is dry, stamp “Love is the river of Life in the world” to the blue/peach background with black ink and “And the song, from beginning to end, I found in the heart of a friend” on the rusty back ground with dark rust ink.
8. Attach the seam binding to the back top parts of the cards, tie a bow.
9. Layer and attach the background piece to the white layer.
10. Score and fold the card bases from various colors of card stock (match one of the colors of ink).
11. Attach the layers to the card fronts.