Quilling on Handmade Paper

I have been very lazy about making cards lately and now never seem to have one when I need one. So I am on a mission to make some to keep on hand. I will add the sentiment when I decide to use it so it fits the purpose.
I made my quilled flowers and gate then took a piece of handmade paper and using watercolors spashed different colors onto the sheet. This piece of handmade paper really felt like watercolor paper, I loved the feel of it.
I then glued my quilled pieces to the front and then glued that whole piece to piece of brown cardstock. I then adhered that to my card front.
And as always, I use junk mail or bank statements that I no longer need to make my paper, better than throwing in the trash and having my identity stollen!    

Now for what you need to make the card...
Ruler
Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA Glue
quilling tool
quilling paper
white cardstock
water colors
Start by tearing the size of quilling paper you need to make your flowers and leaves.
Use watercolors and tap paint onto watercolor paper for your background. 
Now cut white cardstock for the gate and glue them down to the watercolor paper.
Lay down some glue and tap the flowers into the glue and place them on the card.
I also used a piece of brown cardstock underneath the watercolor paper.
Glue the brown cardstock with your design on it to white cardstock using your Helmar PVA glue and there you have it; a card!
you can find everything you need to make your handmade paper here 
Hope you all have a wonderful week. 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage