© Michele Emerson-Robert 2016
My favorite niece is graduating this month with a Master’s degree in several “MUSIC’ fields. This little journal is sure to put a smile on her face. She can use it to keep track of the many appointments, music scores or all things musical in her life.
Even though I am not using any handmade paper or casting, Arnold would still love this project because I am repurposing something that would have gone into the trash!
· Dies: Tonic Studios™
· Black heavy thread or thin cord, silver metallic cord
· Various sizes and shapes of large hole black and silver beads
1. Die cut one Jukebox from the metallic silver card stock lid.
2. Attach the die cut Jukebox to the front of the book cover with the Tonic Craft Tacky glue.
3. Die cut multiples of the music notes. Cut equal amounts backwards. You will be gluing them back to back.
4. Measure the circumference of the pen. Cut the metallic silver “card stock” scrap long enough to hold the pen and glue the piece to the back inside cover of the book. Place the pen in the holder.
5. Thread one piece of the cord/thread through the spine of the book. Tie and leave tales at the top.
6. Cut random length pieces of the cord/thread.
7. Insert the pieces of cord/thread into various sizes and shapes of black and silver beads and music notes tying in between each bead and/or note. Vary the type of bead and distance between each bead.
8. Repeat this for as many “dangles as you want. (I used 5 strings, folded in almost-half)
9. Attach the beaded cords/threads at the top of the book spine.