©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2016
Enough already! I’m ready for some warmer weather! The fruit trees are starting to bud, then we have another freeze! This is confusing for the trees and my body… smile. When I remembered this stamp from IO, it expressed what I was thinking. BTW: I’m really having fun with these backgrounds. They almost create themselves.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of blue and ivory or white paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Die: Impression Obsession Dragonfly #DIE253-U
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Die cutting & Embossing Machine
- Westcott™ paper trimmer & scissors
- Beacon ZipDryTM adhesive
- DecoArtTM Media Fluid Acrylic™ & Mister (shades of blue)
- Sea sponge
- Stamp: Impression Obsession “Winter/Summer” #D13353
- ColorBox™ Chalk ink pad blue (to match the handmade paper color)
- Iron if you want the paper to be smooth
- ¼” round hole punch
- Various short pieces of ribbons and fibers
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white/ivory scraps.
- Create one or more sheets of heavy-weight white/ivory handmade paper.
- When the sheets of paper are dry, iron them to make them smooth.
- Cut them into a tag shapes 6 ¼ x 3 ¼”. Save the extra pieces for other projects.
- Water down the Fluid Acrylic paints.
- Use the sea sponge to dab and swirl the paints onto the handmade paper pieces. (see sample)
- Allow paint to dry.
- Repeat the paper making process, creating one or more sheets of medium blue heavy weight handmade paper.
- Iron the paper to make it smooth.
- Die cut the Dragonfly from a small piece of the medium blue handmade paper. Note: I save the fall out pieces and toss them into the paper making bin for future use.
- Stamp the saying “In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.” onto the bottom of the tag with blue Chalk ink.
- Attach the Dragonfly at an angle to the top of the tag with Beacon ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Punch a hole at the top of the tag.
- Insert the fibers and ribbons through the hole in the tag.
- Place the fibers through the loop and tighten the loop.