Valentine Tag

With Christmas and New Year's all but a memory, I'm getting ready for Valentine's Day. I made this Valentin'es tag for my special someone.

I started with a blank tag from KaiserCraft's Antique Tag set, and painted it with a coat of gesso. When the gesso was dry, I added a coat of Perfect Pigment White Satin Pearl acrylic paint.

While that was drying I dug through my stash to find the grungeboard key and heart shapes. I traced the hearts on my handmade paper (made following these basic instructions), cut them out, and used a liquid adhesive to glue the paper to the grungeboard. While the glue was drying I painted the key with silver metallic acrylic paint.

Back to the hearts. I inked the edges with a complimentary pink pigment ink. Since the hearts extended beyond the edges of the tags, I also inked the reverse side of the hearts. I used the same ink to sponge onto the white paper doily.
Inked edges on hearts
Sponge inked paper doily
I used liquid adhesive to glue half of the doily, the hearts, and silver Dew Drops onto the tag. I used a short length of jewelry chain and jump rings to attach the key and charm (that I found while digging through my stash hunting the grungeboard).

For the ribbons, I pulled one side of Ribbon Resource White Paper Raffia over the same ink pad that I used to edge the hearts. This added lovely variegated coloring to the ribbon. The last embellishment was the length of tulle tied into a bow.

I cut the sentiment on the reverse side out of silver vinyl using Make-the-Cut and my Zing electronic cutting machine.

So, I have one Valentine greeting finished. Progress. Now to get busy on the rest of them.

Carole

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage