©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
Creating elegant and beautiful cards is a snap! Adding handmade paper is like icing on the cupcake. These three cards went together so quickly – as in less than 5 minutes each, and are sure to be a hit with the recipients. They would be wonderful in any color scheme. I chose to save some time and used purchased cardstock in a soft warm cinnamon color for the card bases and die cuts.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- A sunny window or traditional oven
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of ivory paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Tiny pieces of dried flower petals, spices or grasses
- Dies: Quiet Fire words “Believe”, “Thanks and “Hello”
Impression Obsession: DIE253-U
Tonic Studios US: 77 E Butterfly Sprig & 76 E Dragonfly Brooch
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- 2 pieces of 8 ½ x 11 cinnamon card stock
- Envelopes to fit cards
- Westcott™ paper trimmer & scissors
- Scor-Pal™ (LOVE the new 1/8th version!)
- Beacon ZipDry™ adhesive, Double side foam tape or dots
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the ivory scraps.
- Create one or more sheets of heavy weight ivory handmade paper.
- When the sheets of paper are dry, tear them into 4 equal pieces. You want ragged edges. Save the 4thpiece for another project.
- Cut, score and fold the sheets of purchased card stock to create three 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card cards.
- Die cut the words, both dragonflies and the butterfly from the other half sheet of purchased card stock.
- Attach the torn pieces of ivory handmade paper to the front of the card with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the words and “critters” to the handmade paper with tiny slivers of foam tape.