©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
Each of these little books is full of quotes related to the title on the cover of the book. Several friends are going through some rough patches in their lives and these books will perhaps give them some comfort. Join me in creating this fan book for Debbie.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or dots
- Scraps of black paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- One or more of AG #2718 Mini Fan Book
- Verbiage stamps and black ink pad or computer generated quotes or sayings
- ColorBox™ Stylus™ handle and soft tip
- Small scrap of chip board
- Dies: CheeryLynn™ corner flourish
- Die cut machine: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create black slurry.
- Create a sheet of thick black paper.
- When the paper is dry, die cut the corner flourish.
- Remove the screw hinge and pages from the book.
- Stamp “Believe” onto the scrap of chip board.
- Us the Stylus handle and tip to apply ink the edges of the stamped chip board and the book cover.
- Deconstruct the die to create small decretive pieces to be attached with Beacon ZipDry™ under the stamped chip board.
- Stamp the saying onto the pages (or
print out verbiage using your computer and printer, then cut and glue to
NOTE: make sure the verbiage is all oriented the same. (My book is landscape oriented and has the hinge on the top left.)
I suggest that if you are making several of these books, stamp or print all of the sayings at once. (I will often do many different related saying at a time as well as die cutting the bits and pieces and save them to assemble the “Fan” book at a later time.)
- Reassemble the fan book.
- Decide on the placement of the deconstructed corner die pieces, and attach them onto the cover with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Center and attach the stamped chip board to the cover with double sided foam tape or dots.
- Cut a small strip of the handmade black paper to be attached on the left side of the cover.