©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
How fun and easy is this! Here is another from the series of “Fan” books that I created during one session. Each book is different, but made in my signature color scheme of black and tan. Each book is full of quotes related to the title on the cover of the book.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon QuickGrab™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or dots
- Scraps of black paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- One or more of AG #2718 Mini Fan Book
- Verbiage stamps and black ink pad or computer generated quotes or sayings
- ColorBox™ Stylus™ handle and soft tip
- Small scrap of chip board
- Dies: CheeryLynn™ tiny leaf strip
- Die cut machine: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create black slurry.
- Create a sheet of thick black paper. When the paper is dry die cut the leaves.
- Remove the screw hinge and pages from the book.
- Stamp a saying onto the scrap of chip board.
- Use the Stylus handle and tip to apply ink the edges of the stamped chip board and the book cover.
- Center and attach the stamped chip board to the cover with double sided foam tape or dots.
- Stamp the saying onto the pages (or
print out verbiage using your computer and printer, then cut and glue to
NOTE: make sure the verbiage is all oriented the same. (My book is landscape oriented and has the hinge on the top left.)
Also, I suggest that if you are making several of these books, stamp or print all of the sayings at once. (I will often do many different related saying at a time as well as die cutting the bits and pieces and save them to assemble the “Fan” book at a later time.)
- Reassemble the fan book.
- Attach the tiny black leaves with the Beacon QuickGrab™ adhesive, placing them around the stamped verbiage chipboard piece.