©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
Looks like summer is really here with temperatures around 90* and rising. Just thinking about a day at the shore brings a smile to my face. Even though I don’t like to actually swim in the ocean, I do love hearing the waves, wading in the surf and sitting under a palm tree in the shade. Follow along to create this fun card!
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Scraps of white, blue and tan paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Envelopes to fit cards (or make your own with the AG envelope template)
- Wescott™ personal paper cutter
- Scor-Pal™ (Love the new 1/8” version)
- Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur II
- Dies: Impression Obsession™ #190-C & 78-C
- Spellbinders™ IN-038 Paradise Palm
- ColorBox Stylust™ and tips or make-up sponge
- Med. blue, light golden tan & green water-based ink pads
- Thin piece of plastic with a straight edge
- Beacon™ ZipDry™ Adhesive
- Scrap of white card stock
- Double sided foam tape or dots
- Tiny container of water
- Follow the instructions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create a sheet each of heavy weight light blue & tan paper.
- Dry the sheets of paper.
- When the sheets of handmade paper are dry, cut or tear the blue sheets in half creating two 5 ½ x 8 ½’ cards. Score and fold the cards.
- Tear or cut the tan sheet in half. Tear an approx. 11/2” piece for the sand.
- Tear a curved shape from the middle forming sand dunes on each side. (Save all the scraps.)
- Die cut 1 tiny seagull & 2 chairs for each card from the white card stock.
- Die cut the palm trees for each card from a scrap of the tan handmade paper.
- Shade the palm tree trunks and the bottom part of the sand dunes with the golden tan ink and Stylust™ tips or make-up sponge.
- Dampen the tip or sponge with a tiny bit of water to be able to blend the colors.
- Clean the tip or sponge between colors. Dry the tip or sponge on a towel.
- Shade the palm tree fronds with the green ink. Clean & dry the tip or sponge.
- Add some blue ink to the sky forming clouds. Blend with a damp tip or sponge.
- Use the plastic’s straight edge, the tip or sponge and the blue ink to create the water line.
- Blend with a damp tip or sponge.
- Attach the tiny seagull to the sky & the sand dunes to the bottom of the card with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the straps to the tiny sandals with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Attach the palm trees, flip flop sandals and chairs to the card front with tiny pieces of foam tape or dots.