Virginia Dogwood Bookmarks by Linda Hess



I do love the Spring and flowers blooming.  This year I decided to capture some of the spring and keep it!  I used my Arnold Grummer's® Garden Press to press flowers from a neighborhood tree.  I am sure I got a few odd looks as I looked for the perfect petals and then plucked them, but the results were wonderful...I would definitely do it all over again!
 
Materials:
Arnold Grummer's® Garden Press
Mod Podge®
handmade paper scraps in colors of choice
scrapbook paper in colors of choice
rubber stamp alphabet
rubber stamp ink
corner punch
scissors
 
 
Step 1: Cut a straight edge on the handmade paper.  If you are like me, you have a huge stash of papers that have been created using the Papermill Pro®.  The benefit of keeping scraps is using them for a cool project like this one!
2) Cut a piece of scrapbook paper a little wider than the handmade paper (mine pieces measured about 2" and 2 1/2" each).  Place the handmade paper on top to check placement and measurements.  When you are happy with the look, use corner punch to punch top and bottom corner (as shown).  Glue down with the Mod Podge®. 

3) Position dried flowers on top of bookmark.  Cut away excess and place on another location of the bookmark.  Once you are happy with the look, attach flower petals with Mod Podge® on the back and additional smeared on the top to seal the petals down.
4) Final step, rubber stamp letters or write them in with a Sharpie marker.
5) Once dry, a hole can be punched in the top and tassels added (if desired).
 
 











Comments

  1. I love your flower bookmarks! Will have to try some dogwood petals next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty.. Love the way this turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :-) I am quite pleased the way it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo allergic to dogwood... lol.. but it's so beautiful to see it made here with the book mark!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage