©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
This is another in the series of the AG “52 Card Fan” books. This will make the perfect gift for a girlfriend who will someday be known as the "Crazy Cat Lady". This little book will be filled with "kitty/cat" quotes and cartoons. I know, only those of us who love cats will understand..... smile. I will be using scraps of handmade paper saved from previous projects, whoever you follow along with the instructions below on how to make your own paper in the event you don't have scraps.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Westcott™ Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon QuickGrip™ Adhesive
- Scraps of ivory and rust colored paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- One AG 3 1/2" square Mini Fan Book
- Verbiage stamps, and rusty orange ink pad or computer generated quotes or sayings, cartoons
- Dies: Cats- Poppy/Memory Box™, "Grace" Frantic Stamper Inc.
- Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur™ die cutting & embossing machine
- Cat & dog footprints embossing folder
- G 45 "Raining Cats & Dogs' card stock
- Rusty orange acrylic paint
- 1/4" round hole punch
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create ivory slurry.
- Create a sheet of thick ivory paper (think card stock weight)
- Create rusty orange slurry.
- Create a sheet of thick rusty orange paper.
- When the papers are dry, die cut the word "Grace" and several of the cats from the thick ivory paper.
- Die cut several of the cats from the rusty orange paper.
- Cut one piece of the rusty orange paper 3 1/2" square for the back cover.
- Emboss the back cover paper with the cats/dogs foot prints folder.
- Cut a piece of the G45 "Raining Cats & Dogs" card stock 3 1/2" square for the front cover.
- Remove the screw hinge and pages from the book.
- Use the Scor-Tape™ to attach the front and back cover papers..
- Stamp the saying onto the pages (or print out verbiage using your computer and printer, then cut and glue the printed sayings to the pages.) NOTE: make sure the verbiage is all oriented the same. (My book is landscape oriented and has the hinge on the top left.)
- Punch the 1/4 hole in the cover papers.
- Dab a tiny bit of the paint onto the screw post. Allow it to dry.
For those who are "dog people" just change the word and animal dies.
Reassemble the fan book:
Reassemble the fan book:
- Reassemble the fan book arranging the quotes, sayings and cartoons as desired.
- Attach the “Grace” die cut to the upper right corner of the cover with QuickGrip™ adhesive.
- Layer and attach the cats to the bottom of the cover.