Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
The color peach is one of my favorites, along with cinnamon, rust and sienna. I always feel peaceful when I am working with those colors, so I do a lot of my creating for myself with the earthy tones of nature. The little favor box is an easy one to create, and is always a welcome gift along with the contents.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Westcott™ personal paper cutter & scissors
- Beacon ZipDry™ Adhesive
- Scraps of peach and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Peach Liquid potpourri or body splash
- Star die (or whatever shape you desire)
- Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur die cutting & embossing machine
- Swirly embossing folder
- Scor-Pal™ 1/8" round hole punch
- 12" of 1/2" sheer peach ribbon
- Star brad (or shape to match the die)
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create one sheet each of heavy weight light and medium colored peach paper. Add a few drops of scent to the slurry before pouring each sheet.
- When the paper is dry create a simple fold over Pyramid box from the light colored peach paper. Score before folding and gluing the sides. Leave one side open.
- Die cut two stars from the medium colored peach paper and one star from the light colored peach paper.
- Emboss the tree stars.
- Punch a round hole on the open side of the box and at the top of the three stars.
- Tie a small bow.
- Attach the bow above the punched hole in the box.
- Insert the star brad into the hole at the top of the stars and into the hole on the open side of the box.
- Place the favor or gift inside the box and close the box.
Place the gift into the box and watch for the smiles when it is presented.