©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
Winter is still hanging on in this the corner here in Southeast Arizona, and I am busy working on the many handmade gifts that I create each year. This is another in the series of the AG “Fan” books. It is very feminine and will make a perfect Easter gift for my mom. The book is full of quotes about making peace with getting older. I know she will love receiving it as much as I did creating it. Did you know that dragonflies are a symbol for renewel?
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- A sunny window
- Blender, cello sponges and soft towels
- Westcott™ Personal paper cutter, scissors
- Beacon ZipDry™ and QuickGrip™ Adhesive, double sided foam tape or dots
- Scraps of white and blue/gray paper (think junk mail, left over cardstock scrap, etc.)
- One or more of AG #2718 Mini Fan Book
- Verbiage stamps and blue/gray ink pad or computer generated quotes or sayings
- Dies: CheeryLynn™ Dragonfly, Impression Obsession™ Peace
- Die cut machine: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur
- 12 inches of 1/2” pale gray sheer ribbon
- Bow Easy™
- Follow the directions found in any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits to create blue/gray slurry.
- Create a sheet of thick blue/gray paper.
- When the paper is dry, die cut the dragonfly and the word Peace.
- Add more white scrap and create a sheet of thin lighter colored blue/gray paper
- Cut two pieces of the lighter blue/gray paper the size of the cover.
- Remove the screw hinge and pages from the book.
- Attach the pieces of cut paper to the fronts of both covers with Beacon ZipDry™.
- Stamp the saying onto the pages (or print out verbiage using your computer and printer, then cut and glue the printed sayings to the pages.) NOTE: make sure the verbiage is all oriented the same. (My book is landscape oriented and has the hinge on the top left.)
Note - to save time, if you are making several of these books, die cut and stamp or print all of the sayings at once. You can always assemble them later when you need a quick gift.
Reassemble the fan book:
- Attach the “Peace” die cut to the lower right corner of the cover with ZipDry™ adhesive.
- Slightly bend and lift the wings of the dragonfly.
- Attach the dragonfly die cut to the top right corner of the cover with tiny pieces of foam tape or dots.
- Use the BowEasy™ to tie a tiny bow.
- Attach the bow with Beacon QuickGrip™ to the screw post on the top left of the “fan” book.