©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2015
I mail about 50 inspirational handmade cards a month and like to make them in batches. I will often gather up scraps left over from other handmade paper projects and use them in the creation of the new cards. If I am short on time I will use card stock as the card base and use the handmade papers as the accents. If you have been following the blog, you know that I always save my scraps….but in case you don’t have any handmade paper scraps, the instructions below will walk you through the process. I ran across these sentiment stamps from JustRite™ stamps and think they will be perfect for March’s batch of cards.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Scraps of dark gold, tan, burgundy and olive green paper (think junk mail, etc.)
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Westcott® paper cutter & scissors,
- X-acto knife and cutting mat
- Dies: Spellbinders™ various decretive square designs
- Embossing folders
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- White card stock for card bases and scraps to stamp
- Envelopes for 4 ¼ x 5 ½ cards or use the AG template to create your own envelopes.
- Double sided foam tape or foam dots
- ½” sheer ribbon to match your handmade paper colors
- ColorBox Chalk™ Ink pads in colors to match your handmade paper colors
- Sentiment stamps of choice
- Follow the directions for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create the colored slurry.
- Create one (or more) sheet of thick paper per color.
- When the sheets of colored paper are dry, die cut the decorative square shapes.
- Cut, score and fold the white card stock to make A2 cards.
- Emboss the front of the cards with the folders and Grand Calibur machine.
- Stamp the sentiments onto scraps of white cardstock.
- Cut to fit the die cut decorative squares.
Assemble the cards:
- Cut a small slit in the left top fold of the embossed card front and then insert the ribbon through the slit, then tie a bow.
- Attach the stamped sentiments to the decorative squares with tiny pieces of foam tape.
- Attach the decorative squares to the right side of the cards with tiny pieces of foam tape.
The sentiments on this set of JustRite™ stamps will be perfect to cheer up the recipients:
“Once you choose hope…anything is possible”
“Every day holds the possibility of a miracle”
“Hope is the last thing ever lost”
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising ever time we fall.”
FYI, I created 10 of each of the cards: 5 people times 4 weeks will be used in March….the others will be set aside for future use. Hmmm….oh dear…. I forgot all about the March birthdays………. smile.