I think this makes for a good kids project too, it is pretty easy.
Arnold Grummer® Paper Making Kit
Paper from my recycling bin: blue advertisements and white envelopes from utility companies.
Brown coloured pencils
A stamp of a Groundhog or a Mole? from a children's set of stamps
Some black stamping ink
Double sided adhesive
To begin, I used handmade papers I had made a while back using the Arnold Grummer® paper making method and kit. Here is a link to a video explaining the method, and here is a link for purchasing the actual kit. Note the coupon code below.
1. First, I cut an oval opening out of a pre made white card. I wanted the handmade paper to stand out. I tore strips of off white handmade paper and adhered them to the opening from the inside of the card.
2. I stamped what looks somewhat like a groundhog with a rubber stamp form a children's stamp set and some black ink, onto a scrap of white handmade paper.
3. I coloured the little guy with a mixture of brown colouring pencils. I cut the groundhog out with some small scissors. I adhered the animal to the back of the inside of the card.
4. I then took a piece of sky blue handmade paper and covered the entire back of the inside of the opening.
5. The groundhog sign was made with a toothpick, another scrap of white handmade paper and a black pen. It was stuck into the snow banks with a dab of glue.
Here is a coupon code to save 20% use: Two20
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and keep smiling, spring is coming.