I promised you in last week's post (P.S.....I Love You) that I would share the matching card. I did use the left over papers that were previously created but the instructions below are for making new sheets of handmade paper. Remember if you are making these folder hearts that the paper should be a bit on the thin side. The use of handmade paper adds a beautiful touch to everything.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer™ paper making kits
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels
- Beacon Quick Grip™ Adhesive, double sided tape
- Scraps of red and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Die: Nellie Snellen Accordion Heart die, Cheerylynn Happy Valentine’s Day dies
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Swirly hearts embossing folder
- Westcott® Personal paper cutter & scissors
- A2 white card and envelope (or use the AG envelope template and make a matching envelope)
- Follow the direction for paper making found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to make slurry from the white and red scraps.
- Create one sheet of white paper and one sheet of red paper. Allow the paper to dry.
- Cut and follow the direction provided with the heart die to create one each red and white hearts.
- Cut the words from red handmade paper. Save the scraps for future projects.
- Emboss the front of the card.
- Use the Beacon Quick Grip™ adhesive to attach the two hearts and the words to the front of the card.
- Add a “love note” and give to your Valentine!