©Michele Emerson-Roberts 2014
Some of my favorite childhood memories are of times spent with my parents and older sister on the beach in Southern California. We would look for buried treasure, build sand castles and collect buckets and buckets of sea shells. The days were long and filled with adventure. As a reminder of those happy days I am creating several gifts items to share with my mom and sister.
- Any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits
- Molds: Sea Shell candy mold
- A sunny window (the candy mold is thin plastic, the casting need to air dry)
- Blender, small strainer, cello sponges and soft towels, paper cutter, scissors, bone folder, ruler
- Beacon QuickGrab™ Adhesive
- Scraps of light blue and white paper (think colored junk mail, etc.)
- Die: small box/ bag die (or purchase pre made)
- Rubber stamp: “Near the sea, we forget to count the days”
- ColorBox™ White Pigment Ink, white embossing powder and heat tool
- Follow the direction for paper making and casting found in any of the Arnold Grummer paper making kits or books to create a sheet of light blue paper.
- When the paper is dry cut the bag or card.
- Make more slurry and caste one of each of the three sizes of sea shells.
- Place in a sunny window to dry.
- Ink the stamp and stamp the saying onto the front of the bag or card (before you assemble it).
- Sprinkle the wet ink with white embossing powder and heat to emboss.
- Assemble the bag or card.
- Attach the three white seashell castings to the bottom area of the box/bag with QuickGrab™ adhesive.
- Add some iridescent shred and a special sea shell or sand dollar along with a photo.