I embossed the paper using an embossing folder. Handmade paper embosses beautifully!! I made the paper casting using Arnold Grummer's Scottish Thistle mold. I used these basic paper making and casting instructions.
To assemble the bookmark:
- Start with a piece of handmade paper approximately 6 1/2" x 2 1/2".
- Score a line 3/4" from the top of the bookmark. Fold and crease on this line.
- Mark the center of the width, about 1/4" from the top of the fold.
- With the newly folded tab facing you, position the paper casting so that it is even with the fold.
- Pierce a hole through all the layers—paper casting, tab, and bookmark back.
- Set a rivet in the hole, capturing all three layers.
- If desired, add embellishments of your choice.
Grab a good book, and enjoy your bookmark!!
Use coupon code SUMMER20 to save 20% on you entire purchase from Arnold Grummer's Papermaking.