Steeped in Tradition



I have to admit that I have never really created or done anything for St. Patrick's Day. As I created this card, I thought about the traditions of St. Patrick's Day and the Celtic cross.  After doing a little research I learned that the cross was thought to be introduced by Saint Patrick.  The article I read said it may have been 2 other symbols combined into this one design.  Isn't fun that you learn something new every day?

This card was made using one of the Papermill kits and the basic instructions to create 3 sheets of paper which became the card base and the circles for the card. When making the sheet for the card base I wanted to add a little gold color to it so I added some of the Gold Sprinkles to it.   I, also, used the Celtic Cross mold to make the focal point of the card...the cross.  I love using the molds from Arnold Grummer.  All you have to do is put some of the cotton linters in a blender and add some water and press it into the mold.  It's that quick and easy.  Before you know it, you'll have all you'll need to make a paper cast to be the center of attention on your project. What's even more fun is that there is a huge selection of molds to choose from on the website.  If you want your creation to have a little color to it just add some of the Tissue Tints.  That's how I got the yellowish gold color for the molded cross.

If you think about it, handmade paper has a tradition behind it, too.  Maybe take a little time and research it to find out more about it.  I think I will. 


                                                                              
Be sure to use the CODE:  STPAT20 to receive 20% off your next order, but hurry this code is only good until the end of February. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage