Everyone Needs A Little Luck

In need of some luck?  Here's some being sent your way.  St. Patrick's Day is next month already.  Can you believe it?  This month, I am having fun creating and sharing some things in honor of the day.  This is the first thing I have to share. 

I did quilling several years ago and enjoyed it, but after a while I stopped and packed everything away.  Recently, I have been seeing a lot of quilled pieces and dug out my tools.  As I was planning my projects to share with all of you, I thought it would be fun to do a quilled piece from hand made paper so decided to give it a try and now I'm hooked.  You should try it.  I know you'd love doing it, too!

I began by using one of the Papermill Kits and creating 3 sheets of paper according to the directions that come with the kit.  The first sheet I created was turned into the base of my card.  As I made the sheet of paper, I added some Gold Dust Metallics to the paper because every St. Patrick's Day creation should have its pot of gold, shouldn't it?  I, also, created 2 green sheets of paper.  For one sheet, I ran it through our paper shredder lengthwise which gave me the strips I needed to make the quilled shamrock.  The second sheet I punched the letters from for the saying. 

For the shamrock, I quilled loose circles and then pinched them into a tear drop shape.  This caused the center circle to move and become offset.  While holding the point of the tear drop, I gently pushed the center in to form a heart shape.  I glued 2 heart shapes together to form the leaf of the shamrock and then glued all of them together at the points after inserting the stem in the center. After that, the card was ready to assemble and the shamrock became the focal point of the project.

 It was a fun and easy project to do.  Be sure to get the items you need and try your own!


                
  This month, use the CODE:  STPAT20 and receive 20% off your order on the Arnold Grummer website.  It's a great way to start your good luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage