Spring Booklet

Now that the winter holidays are over, I'm ready for spring!! And my crafting thoughts are turning to spring, as well.

Arnold Grummer's Papermaking is getting ready to usher in spring as well. To celebrate National Crafting Month they are offering a 20% discount off your total order!! The special discount code is March20. Offer ends March 31, 2013, so take advantage of this deal while it lasts.

I selected a variety of patterned papers, vellum, and a treasure envelope for the pages of my booklet. The papers were cut 6" x 6" to match my handmade paper cover.
Pages of the booklet

I used a Sizzix die to cut the flower petals from paper that I made using Arnold Grummer's papermaking kit. I added a couple organza flowers between the paper petals, and secure all the layers with a black velvet brad.
Close up of handmade paper flower embellishment
I punched the cover, pages, and treasure envelope as shown in the following photo. This particular punch arrangement will be used when I bind the booklet.
Handmade paper booklet cover punched for binding
As a part of the binding I coated a bamboo skewer with USArtQuest Duo Adhesive (a special adhesive that is tacky when dry) and gilded it with silver Gildenglitz. To bind the booklet, lay the gilded skewer between the punched holes. Thread one end of the tulle from the front to the back through one of the bottom holes. Thread the other end from the front to the back, using the companion hole. This traps the gilded skewer between the cover and the tulle. Next, bring the ends of the tulle up from the back, each end through a different hold. Tie the tulle in place on top to the gilded skewer.
Finished handmade paper booklet
Don't forget!! 20% discount off your total order until March 31, 2013. The special discount code is March20.

You can see more projects on my Create & Craft blog.







Carole


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage