Simple yet Pretty Birthday Card


During September and October there are alot of birthdays in my family.  I find that there is nothing better than a homemade gift or card, even if it is simple.  For this project I made a simple card.

Items used in this project:
Gesso
Terri Sproul Mixers in Gold and Garnet Shimmer
Gloss Medium
White Glue
Glue Stick
Black Gel Pen
Brown Craft Paper
Brayer

Using Arnold Grummer's Daisy Casting Mold and brown craft paper I made a cast of a daisy.  To give it a weathered look I then dry brushed it with Gesso.


While that dried I added some words around the window on the card with a black gel pen.


Using a pencil I traced the window onto the inside of the front cover.  I did this to help me line up my cast with the window.


Then I added a bit of white glue to the box to secure my cast.


I added the cast to the inside cover of the card and painted it with Terri Sproul Mixers in Gold and Garnet Shimmer and some gloss medium.  After that I coated the inside cover with my glue stick making sure I got the edges.


I then closed the inside covered and went over it with a brayer to make sure everything stuck together.  The cast sticks out nicely through the window.  

 Here you have a nice, simple, pretty Birthday Card that would be perfect for everyone on your list.

Comments

  1. so pretty, i love the words around the center.. great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! But please tell me, what is a brayer? I am new to papercrafting, but I LOVE my Arnold Grummer papermaking kit! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I would love to get this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you. estetik

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to create watermarks in your handmade paper

How to polish paper with a stone

Chigiri-e Japanese torn paper collage